I came across this nifty Couples Quiz by Fidelity earlier this week, and thought it made for a perfect 5 For Friday. When you’re done reading this post, scooch on over there and be sure to take it yourself. And then pass it over to your significant other to see how y’all match up. It’s not like you have anything else going on, right? ;)
Here were 5 of the 9 questions, along with my answers in more detail:
- Who manages your day-to-day household finances (paying bills, deposits, budgets, etc)? ME! My wife can’t stand talking or thinking about money… She rolls her eyes even when I go over our net worth once a month! Haha… I’ve tried to make it fun for her and turned it into a game (“Honey – do you think we *made* money this month, or *lost* money?” “Great great… Now, how *MUCH* would you guess?”) but I only think it stresses her out more :)
- In case of an emergency, do you know where your financial and legal documents are? YUP! Sure do. In my sexy little safe hidden in my closet (Oh no! I gave it away!)
- You inherited $10,000. What’s your first instinct? Invest it!!!! Followed by “Hold onto it for dear life until your cash flow gets back up to par,” haha… So yeah, I’d *instinctively* want to invest it right off the bat, but in practice I’d just stash it away into our savings for now until things get back to normal again… Fantastic question.
- Your favorite store is having a blowout sale. What will you do? BUY BUY BUY!!!! I’m a firm believer of picking up as much as you can when something of quality goes on sale AND you can 100% use every last bit of it. Say, if you’re one to never go shopping and/or your clothes are literally falling apart while wearing them. Like myself, sigh… You of course have to *limit* the amount you spend or you’d just go nutso, but in general if there’s a sale of something I really REALLY like/need, I’ll pick up as much as I can – probably not going over $100 or $150 max. That doesn’t get you much at a high end store, but it does at TJ Maxx ;)
- You’ve decided to refinance the mortgage on your house. Who will take the lead? Uh… D’uh, me.
According to Fidelity, this makes me an “I•Sa•D” – Informed Saver Driver. Someone who takes charge, knows their way around their finances, and the value of saving (uh thank you). I have a screen shot to prove it:
Now it’s your turn! Answer these 5 questions down in the comments below, or go get your own evaluation from the Couples Quiz and see how you compare. If your boss catches you, just tell ’em it’s “research” – that usually works every time ;)
Be good, y’all.
PS: To answer more 5 For Friday questions, click here. All the cool kids are doing it.
[Photo cred: William Christiansen]
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!