Just a quick note today on something cool our coin hobby is doing for National Coin Week this week :)
For today and tomorrow only, if you use code NCW20G. you can get a FREE YEAR of membership into our national association! The ANA! (American Numismatic Association)
Which gets you the following goodies:
- Online access to every issue of The Numismatist from 1888 to the present — our hobby’s premier magazine. (Numismatics is the study or collection of currency, including coins, tokens, paper money and other related objects)
- Free admission to the annual National Money Show® and World’s Fair of Money®
- Discounts on seminars, hobby publications, collection insurance and more
- Access to ANA videos, Money Talks radio archives, blogs, coin collecting tips, and the ability to join ANA’s members-only Facebook group
- And fun quizzes, games, and teacher tools for parents (or grandparents) with kids at home
This is pretty cool for the magazine alone which is super good, so if you’ve ever been curious about collecting coins or learning about the hobby, now would be a good time to puruse it!
And if this isn’t for you, no problem at all! Maybe you know of someone else in your family or circle of friends (or kids?!) that might like this? Just pass them the link to this article and hopefully it turns into a fun hobby for them! :)
For more coin related resources around:
- CoinThrill.com — my almost defunct blog on coin collecting, though still chock full of fun articles and pictures ;) (Still waiting to “trade up” my $50 bill btw for the next item!! If you got anything you’d like to trade for it, lemme know!)
- How to Sell Your Inherited Coin Collection — a guide I put together if you must depart with your acquired coins… *tear*
- Tips on how to get started collecting if you’re new (article here on this blog)
Come join the fun! We’re cool – I promise! ;)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!