Did you know Memorial Day used to be called Decoration Day? After the Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in it? True story.
Anyways, here is everything we’ll be doing today for FREE:
- Going on lots of walks
- Playing toys with the baby
- Lounging around the house
- Eating peoples’ hot dogs and hamburgers*
- Drinking people’s beers and wines*
- Adding exceptional conversation where included
- Being thankful we live in a damn good country with damn good people defending it!
- Not logging on to Amazon/any other places which sucks my money soul every time I visit ;)
I think it’ll be a fine day, my friends. And I wish the same for you too!
What will you be doing (or not doing?) on this wonderful holiday? Do you have to work, or can you slack off like the rest of us? I guess *making* money is an acceptable replacement to *spending* it, so I’ll still give you credit if that’s the case for you today ;)
See y’all back here tomorrow! Don’t get too
drunk high sleepy from this weekend’s activities – I’ll need your brain working well when I pose a question for you in the morning… Should be a fun one!
*I should probably bring something edible/imbibable to these bbqs, huh? I’ll have to find something in our pantry as to not lose this No Spend Day!
(Photo by anja_johnson)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!