And one of them I’ve already done! Haha… the “old J$” of course ;) But seriously, some of these things down below are just downright off the charts on the silly meter – and I give mad props to SmartMoney for bringing them to our attention all these months too. (They have this section in the back called “Dumb Money” which I’ve taken ’em all from – very interesting stuff). I’m all for spending money as you please if it makes you happy, but boy… some of these are just loony tunes.
Check it out… 7 crazy ways to blow you’re money: (PS: If you ever catch me buying any of this stuff, I give you free reign to kick me in the balls right away, okay? I mean it. Don’t let me slip!)
- $1,000 Doggy Perfume. By a company aptly named “Les Poochs” :) I do give them credit for finding a very VERY specific niche though, I wonder how many they sell? (You can buy this unisex cologne/perfume per quarter ounce too, at “only” $250)
- $550 Beach Towels. By Hermès, for those who crave the “it” beach accessory. According to the company, these towels are screen-printed using the same technique as their iconic silk scarves. I guess it could be worse?
- $50,000 Diamond Encrusted Cell Phone. By Ulysse Nardin, who also offers cheaper models starting at $12,800 – in case you were wondering ;) I’d be afraid to know what happens if it were to ever break or if you lost it! (Maybe the price tag comes with a personal assistant to always keep it on hand?) It better be able to text and make phone calls!
- $1,000 Golden Opulence Sundae. From New York city restaurant, Serendipity 3, which you have to pre-order 48 hours in advance ;) Includes five scoops of Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream, candy-coated almonds, sugar flower by a famous cake maker, edible 23-karat gold leaf topper, dessert sauce made with rare imported chocolate, a scoop of caviar, and a $200 crystal goblet (that you thankfully get to keep!)
- $100,000 Limited Ed. Iridium Razor. Which is apparently 10 times as rare as platinum and actually used in rocket engines (the iridium, not the razors ;)). But you better hurry up and get one before they’re all gone – Zafirro is only making 99 of them!
- $2,600 Bottle of Water** By Bling H20, the company pumping out a gazillion Swarovski crystals in order to make their glass water bottles shine. This $2,600 one in particular has over 10,000 of them, and even comes with a display case and white gloves to boot – no joke!
- $13,500 Napshell “Pod.” A place for you to rest your bones and look cool while doing it ;) I was hesitant to put this one on the list because I’d gladly pay $13k for perfect sleep every day, but something tells me this pod ain’t gonna guarantee it… and it’s not like nap time will ever be back in style again either :( I miss 2nd grade!
Any of you all already fall for some of these? Anyone feel even MORE frugal just by looking at them all? Haha… makes you wonder what ELSE is out there that the richy riches are going gaga over these days… let us know if you’ve seen some even crazier stuff, okay?! I could go for some more shocks today :)
** For anyone who’s been reading this blog for over 3 years now, you’ll know that I did, in fact, once purchase a bottle of Bling H20 Water. It wasn’t the big boy one listed above, but it did cost $40 and is currently taunting me from 2 feet away right now… I can’t get myself to drink it because it’s so darn pretty! ;) haha… and this does not count for nutt-kicking either, I was young and impressionable back then – you can only get me for future dumb things.
(Photo by 401K)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!