“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain
Goooooood morning hustlers and budgeters! And budgeters who hustle!
If you love pen and paper, you’re going to love today’s giveaways :) Two of my friends recently put out some pretty epic products, and both were kind enough to give me a free copy to pass out to you fine folks today:
Info on them below, as well as how to enter, but even if you don’t win one today, don’t let it stop you from carrying forward! Or even making your own budgeting/hustling journals! ;) (Though prob best to just save the time and buy these, haha…. and I’m not getting paid to say that, btw, nor will I make any commissions off it… I just genuinely love these and think they can amplify your mission!)
Giveaway #1: Mindful Budgeting 2018 Planner
Cait’s wildly popular budgeting planner is back and improved for the 2018 year! It’s her third run of these since practically selling out of all previous versions, and is an EXTREMELY great way to track your $$$, along with your thoughts, if you’re a pen and paper type o’ person.
These puppies are as beautiful as they are useful, and they sell for $45 CAD, or about $39.55 USD (and she ships internationally!). They also come with a new workbook you can download along with it.
Here’s more info on the planner itself:
Mindful Budgeting is a daily planner designed to help you track both your spending and your to-do’s, and make sure your monthly budgets align with your goals and values. If you’re looking for a tool to help you stop making impulse purchases, start making mindful decisions and move you in the direction you want your financial life to be going, this is it.
- Daily spending sheets, where you can track both your spending and your to-do list items
- Full monthly calendars (with Canada/USA holidays)
- Monthly budget templates
- Space to do weekly check-ins and monthly reflections
- Quarterly exercises to map out your goals and make sure your budget aligns with them
- Spreadsheets to track both your debt repayment and savings progress
- *NEW* Spreadsheet to track your net worth
- *NEW* Spreadsheet to track your bill payments, so you never miss one
- *NEW* Worksheet to map out + budget for large annual expenses
- Twelve motivational quotes to inspire you, and
- Instructions on how to use the planner daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
And here’s more info on the workbook that goes along with it:
While you wait for your planner to arrive, you can download and get started with a new workbook! This PDF contains 10 pages designed to:
- figure out where your money has been going
- name some financial decisions you can be proud of
- dream (big and small) about the future, and
- identify how you want to feel about money by the end of 2018.
They come in two different design styles, and you can learn more about them (and order/gawk over) here: Mindful Budgeting 2018 Planner
(Also – be sure to check out Cait’s minimalism/money blog too if you’ve never peered at before! It’s one of my all-time favorites! –> CaitFlanders.com)
Giveaway #2: The Side Hustle Journal
This journal is a whole other creation, and one that centers around side hustles which I’ve never seen merged together before?! In fact, this one is so new that it just came off a successful stint on Kickstarter and is now finishing up production!
(They had over 650 backers and raised $13,595 to bring it to life, pretty cool… You can still see the Kickstarter page here if you want: The Side Hustle Journal: Turning 9 to 5’ers to Entrepreneurs)
So what is a “Side Hustle Journal”?
The Side Hustle Journal is a tool to take your idea from concept to cash flow, no matter how busy you are. The journal isn’t simply a daily planner, it includes systems designed specifically for side hustlers. The systems built into the journal will teach you how to:
- Hack your busy schedule to unlock time
- Break down the process of starting or scaling a business into bite-sized chunks
- Only focus on what’s important and forget the rest
- Expedite the process through consistent micro goal setting
- And do all this while increasing your performance at your day job
These are the foundational objectives of The Molehill System™, which lives inside The Side Hustle Journal. This is the tool to take you to the next level whether you don’t have an idea or if you are already on the path to side hustle success – and every stage in-between.
You can learn more about this journal here: The Side Hustle Journal. (They go for $31.97, but if you use discount code “JMONEY” you’ll get 15% off)
Here’s how to win them!
I only have one each so you’ll have to decide *which* of them you want the most (you can’t win both – sorry!), but once you pick your favorite here’s what to do:
- Make sure you’re signed up to our newsletter! Where we send these blog posts via email right to your inbox each week: sign up here (if you’re seeing this in email, you’re already signed up ;))
- Answer the question relating to the journal you want:
For the Mindful Budgeting Planner – what’s the one area of your budget you struggle with the most?
For the Hustle Journal – what side hustle are you thinking of starting, or have already started, that you’re hoping this helps you with?
And that’s it! Leave your answers in the comments below, or by replying back if you’re seeing this in email/social/etc. Giveaway ends next Friday the 12th, at midnight, and then we’ll announce the winners shortly thereafter.
And whether you win it or not, don’t let it stop you from going after those sexy budgets/hustles in this new year! Action always gets you further than dreaming!
Good luck guys… And big thanks again to Cait and Ryan for feeding our obsessions over here :)
UPDATE: Giveaway now over! Will be announcing the winners here shortly (Friday). Stay tuned!
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!