A short list of things that make me just as happy in life:
- I’m just as happy… going for walks as I am to the movies
- I’m just as happy… wearing used clothes as I am new clothes
- I’m just as happy… eating pb&js as I am going to restaurants
- I’m just as happy… going to a friend’s house as I am a concert
- I’m just as happy… drinking beer at home as I am at the bar
- I’m just as happy… having a staycation as I am a vacation
- I’m just as happy… working on passion projects as I am commercial projects
- I’m just as happy… cutting my own hair as I am hitting the barber
- I’m just as happy… visiting the library as I am the coin shop
- I’m just as happy… spending money on someone else as I am on myself
All things I do throughout the year on both sides, but being aware of this equality has amplified both my finances and my confidence…
It’s empowering to know you’re just as happy not paying for stuff as you are paying for it! All the while retaining the same quality of life!
Something to keep in mind as you work through your own journeys over there…
What would your list look like?
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!