Seriously, would it really be that bad? I know it sounds crazy, but I really REALLY feel the need to drive a sex mobile right now (or anytime for that matter). Perhaps someone out there would like a fancy budget blog? Say, for around $100k? Anybody? Bueller? ;)
A friend introduced me to this car club forum here in the DC area, and one of its members is about to give up his heavily mod’d Porsche! Apparently he needs the money for a down payment on a house or something…pshhh. If that doesn’t show how expensive this thing is, he’s also put in a good $10-$20k at LEAST in newer parts and upgrades! Wha wha wooooooooey!
Now, I’m no expert in cars (nor am I really IN the market for a new car) but I thought I’d write up a list of the pros and cons just to make me feel better…
Reasons to splurge and buy the Porsche:
- It’s a Porsche!
- I could drive fast(er).
- I’d feel about 100x sexier.
- I could become a member of this DC car club.
- I could pretend I’m a rock star!
Reasons so just say NO:
- I would get more speeding tickets.
- People would try to race me and I’d look like an old fogie turning them down.
- I’m pretty sure it would cost way more to maintain than my ’93 Caddy.
- I don’t *need* a new car.
- I don’t need a new car payment!
- It would cost as much as a down payment on a house.
If you haven’t guessed it already, it looks like I’ll have to pass and keep the good ol’ dream alive. As much as I WANT this freakin’ thing, my excitement level just doesn’t override the financial implications at this point….probably because I’m getting too practical in my old age :( So as long as I don’t go on any test drives in the near future, my wallet (and my marriage) is likely to be safe. BOOOOOO…
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!