A couple months ago we talked about how debt is not forever if you don’t want it to be (but act now – supplies are limited!), and that when you’re in this phase of deep do-do to remember just that: it’s a phase. And another, hopefully better one, is right around the corner.
But something else that’s always around the corner are those things in our lives that are forever. Those certainties that we can smile upon and be reminded that our lives aren’t as horrible as we may think they are sometimes ;) The things that can never be taken away from us, even if we go out and do something stupid again (and let’s admit it, that’s still going to happen).
Here’s a short list of some of these “forevers”…
- Everything you’ve learned about money! (Once you know it, you know it – even if you slip up)
- Every credit card you’ve ever paid off. (You can accumulate more, but the old is gone)
- Every accomplishment you’ve ever made. (They can never be taken away!)
- The love for your children. (Heart explosion!!)
- The love for your family. (Even creepy uncle Bill)
- The love for Orange is The New Black (Season 3 now here – woop!)
- And, while we still have a heart beat, all of our living and breathing and dreaming too.
And let me tell you something, money woes compared to breaths don’t even come close in importance. Every time you’re cursing yourself for not having enough or racking up debts, just remember that you’re alive and well right now. Compared to the trillions of people before you including billionaires. Death doesn’t discriminate, and I’m fairly confident the departed would gladly give up their gold for a chance to be revived again.
Point is, money problems aren’t forever unless you choose them to be. Once you know how money works – and more importantly, how you work – you take that knowledge with you forever.
So keep reading and learning and surrounding yourself with financially-sexy people, but also remember to make moves and take action too. You have to put the wisdom into practice for it to matter.
Happy Friday, y’all :)
[Infinity love symbol by Nicolas Raymond]
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!