Which is funny because I haven’t seen that guy in quite some time, and especially never hawking any products. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!
So just in case Mr. Williams is reading this right now, I thought I’d go ahead and answer his question :) Yes, I can always use an extra thousand dollars! I’d probably save it like a dork as always, but if you were forcing me to spend it I could easily come up with ways to do so. Like this:
- 3 new pairs of jeans. And not anything under $50 either (I’m going to use this free money to splurge a bit! Although I’ll still shop at TJ Maxx and Filene’s Basement). Est. cost – $250
- 10 new pairs of boxers. And then throw out my older hole-y ones. Est. cost – $80
- 10 graphic tees. Cuz you can never have enough! Est cost – $200
- 2 new pairs of shoes! One for $100 and another for around $50 – both comfy enough to rock my jeans & tees with.
- A bottle of Kenneth Cole cologne. I tested out this one out in Canada the other day (I think it was called Black?) and I’ve been wanting it ever since! Est. cost $50?
- $100 worth of scratch off lottery tickets ;) Only this time I want to try out $2s and $5s and even a $20! Gotta try and redeem myself after last year’s crash & burn.
And then I’d probably donate anther $100 somewhere and use the last $70 to take the Mrs. out on a date (so I can sport my new outfits!).
As you can tell, I’ve been slacking on my wardrobe. All my favorite clothes are starting to get major holes in them and soon enough I’m gonna have to do something about it. Now that I’m actin’ all minimalist I don’t have any more fall backs! So an extra $1,000 would certainly do the trick.
How about you? What would you do if Montel Williams gave you $1,000 to blow?
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!