I’ve been wanting to create one of these forever. And after reading some of your comments on what you’d do with an extra $1,000 I’m finally sitting down to pump this out – so thanks!
And I plan on actually CROSSING THESE OFF MY LIST too – they’re not just gonna be sitting here looking pretty for the fun of it. If you’re anything like me, you want to do a thousand things but there’s never enough motivation (or memory) to DO them at the moment. If they’re written down though – esp for everyone to see like on this blog – there is a much higher chance of them becoming a reality. And you might even get a few cheerleaders along the way!
So in the spirit of living a fun & adventurous life (all somehow budgeted in, of course), here is the start of my very own Life List. In no particular order.
I, J. Money, hereby pledge to accomplish the following over my lifetime.
(and btw, this is all about the FUN things I’d like to do some day – totally separate from all the love and family and other important aspects of life)
- Go to an airport and jump on the next flight out! Me and a thousand others who’ve said they’ve wanted to try this before :) But like I said, I am going to make this happen! Even IF it’s one of the most un-frugal ways to purchase a plane ticket. Because when it comes to adventure and spontaneity, this is one of those that can’t be beat – with or without someone!
- Bet $1,000 on black. You know those movies where people risk it all on a 50/50 chance at roulette? Well, that’s gonna be me one of these days. I’m not crazy enough to bet the whole shebang, but $1,000 should be plenty enough to satisfy my high – whether I double it or not. (But I’m surely hoping to!)
- Buy a Fancy car. Whether it’s a Benz, Beemer (I know it’s spelled b-i-m-m-e-r, but that just doesn’t sound right to me), Porsche, whatever – I just REALLY want to experience V.I.P. one day, even if for only a year or two. My fear, of course, is that I’d fall in love with it & then never go back because I then know the difference!
- Work for myself full-time. COMPLETED! Errr… currently fulfilling!I got Fired :) Haha… Would have been nice to do it on my own terms, but hey I’ll take it any way I can get it. Time to build things online and make money at the same time as increasing happiness! And if it doesn’t work, I go right back to the real world ;)
- Donate $10,000 ANONYMOUSLY to a charity. I’m not gonna lie, this is going to be hard for me. Not so much the money part of it, but the anonymity side. The most I’ve done before was $50 and the urge to put my name on it was so high!
- Get my “things” down to 100. This will probably take the longest of the bunch :) But the good news here is that I’ve already STOPPED collecting more stuff! So now it’s just about shedding the rest little by little until I finally hit that magic number. And it could very well end up being 200 or even 300 things by the end, I’m not sure. I just know that 5,000 things is way too much right now, and I’m fairly certain I have at least that.
- Launch Love Drop (It’s Live!!) – We did it! We finally got our micro-giving community site up and launched! Took about 100 more hours than expected, but we’re now out there DOING GOOD! If you wanna change 12 families’ lives with us this year, come check it out :) Nate and I are incredibly excited about this.
- Build a house from scratch. I have ZERO experience or know how in this department, but give me a year and some industry contacts and I’d be a very happy boy! I’d like to say that I build the house I live in with my own bare hands – even if 100 or so others helped out :) (or maybe I give one of those tiny houses a go!)
- *NEW* Visit all 50 States! I totally forgot about this one until momcents reminded me (thx!). This will be a fun one since it’ll take some nice finagling trying to hit all those states I’d normally never go to :) And that would be a shame because there is so much CULTURE here in the states! And we barely even touch it all staying in our own little area most of the time. So while I’ve hit at least 24 so far, I’ve still got a long way to to. But I can’t wait!!
- *NEW* Play in the World Series of Poker! – it might cost a pretty penny to enter (Doc S thinks about $10,000), but to sit there and be surrounding by a whole bunch of really great players? With the chance of possibly winning? (if you play your cards right ;) bah dum ching!) – Totally worth it. As long as it comes from my entertainment budget ;)
- *NEW* Go on a cruise – Out of alllll the traveling I’ve done, and exploring all over the world, the one thing that still remains elusive is a cruise! I am going to make a point of prioritizing this and try to cross this one out within 12 months. It’s currently 6-16-11, fingers crossed! (UPDATE: I finally convinced my ENTIRE family to go on a cruise in December, 2011, got everyone excited and my dad to plan it all, and then they picked a date that wasn’t do-able for us! So everyone got to go but me and my wife!!! The ones who started the idea!!! haha… but I’m not giving up yet ;))
That’s the list for now.It will change and grow overtime as I get older and more wrinkly, but for now that’s what I’m workin’ towards. If I can accomplish all 7 of these I will be one happy mother f’er! And the reality is they’re all within MY power to make happen – so you better believe it’s just a matter of time. I can be one stubborn bastard when I’m passionate about something! ;)
Want to join me? I’d love to hear all about your wishes too! If you’re up for it, share it below in the comments or send me a link to YOUR own Life List and we’ll all support each other. Then maybe if you’re lucky I’ll create awards to hand out every time you cross one off your list :)
Lots of great lists already in the comments (seriously, some of these are really fun!!!), and others around blog land too – Get excited!!!
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!