That’s what I’m calling it today :) Cuz the Mrs and I have decided to stay in and play games instead of going out and doing a fancy pants dinner/movies/dozen roses, etc etc. Not that anything’s wrong with that, we’re just in super savings mode right now. Or more accurately — “non-spending” mode (ya know, cuz of the whole self-employment thing).
So for once in a very long time, we are going to shut off all those electronics around us we’re addicted to – the laptops, iPhones, tvs, etc – and have some good ol’ fashion quality time together. With a lot of wine, and a lot of candles to set the mood up right. Then, if I play my cards right (literally! bah-dum-ching), we shall end up naked. Yup, that’s right I said it – NAKED. Which, let’s be honest, is the best part of any date done right ;) And that’s usually totally free!
Here are games I’ll try playing as part of my master plan (you better not be reading this, honey):
- Gin Rummy. It’s always smart to start with the safe bet. A game that both of you are decent at, and can get the night started off right.
- Then you throw in something light & laughable like Egyptian Rat Screw. There’s a lot of action in this game (read: slapping), and the drinking of wine helps you get nice and relaxed. (Plus, the “Screw” part of the name helps set the mood, haha…)
- And that’s where you make your move with Strip Poker! Because I’m REALLY really good at this game, and she’s really really NOT ;)
- Then naturally Scrabble comes next – to make up for the poker. She’ll crush me in this game cuz I ain’t no good with those word thingz. (but it doesn’t really matter cuz we’re naked by now).
- And then, you end the night with some classic War action. A simple game to follow after all that imbibing, and one that can easily determine the overall winner of the night. Even though you’re both winners for pretending to be high school’ers all over again ;)
So that’s the plan anyways, what do you think? Would you ladies out there enjoy a date night like this? We’ll see if I can pull it off soon enough. Depending on what time you’re reading this, we could literally be playing poker RIGHT this second! Haha… good times, good times.
What do you guys have in store for the night? Anything clever or juicy? (Here are some more ideas from last year if you need some) Anyone hosting an Anti-Valentine’s Day party? I know how annoying it can get to people, so my apologies if you want to barf right now ;) Odds are you’ve stopped reading though already, so I’m kinda talking to myself here…hmm….
Well, whatever you’re up to tonight, just remember that wooing doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. People usually like you for YOU, and not your wallet. Go follow that heart of yours and be sure to let me know if you stumble across any good secrets ;) I’ll need something new for next year.
PS: Some other awesome games we love, but which you need more than 2 people: Apples to Apples, Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, and Balderdash. Monopoly used to be in here, but people usually get bored and never finish the game… which drives me absolutely insane! Monopoly is one of the BEST games ever – it needs to be respected ;)
(Photo by stahrdust3)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!