I caught a most excellent post over at TeacHerFinance called “Thursday: Most and Least,” and I’m totally ripping it off today to play it with you guys ;) We’re calling it the “High/Low” game now and we’re doing it on a Friday, *Gasp*!
You pretty much just post up the most expensive thing you bought from the week, as well as the least expensive one , and then you mix in some fun ones too. Like the Most Exciting Purchase, or the Most Annoying One, and so on. I don’t know which we’ll do here exactly yet, but as soon as I check out my credit card statement I’ll make them up and we’ll get started :)
[Off to peruse my charges so far this week… hold, please….]
Okay, back. Here’s what we’ve got!
- The most expensive thing we paid for this week: $643.00 – My dang health insurance premium every month, ugh… The worst part about being self-employed :(
- The least expensive thing: $5.00 – A Hot n’ Ready pizza from Little Caesars! (There’s no rules!
- The most *exciting* thing: $9.99 – The new Macklemore & Ryan Lewis album, “The Heist”! The ones that did that hilarious thrift store video (nsfw) I linked to the other day, they’re freakin’ awesome… and since it’s music it’ll be the gift that keeps on giving :)
- The dumbest thing: $28.10 – I tried my first hand at bidding on my first online coin auction, and got too caught up in the excitement of the whole thing that I didn’t pay attention to all the fees and shipping costs associated with it :( Had I won more than one lot it would have been okay ‘cuz the shipping and handling/etc would have been spread across multiple items, but because I ended up LOSING all of them except for one, it more than doubled all my costs when everything was said and done. $12.50 for the actual items (a few old $2 bills with graffiti all over them – not even coins!), and then $15.60 just to get them to my door. Talk about lesson learned!!
- The purchase you’re most proud of: $50.00 – A donation to NAMI Walks (National Alliance on Mental Illness) on behalf of a friend who’s raising awareness for them. Since I don’t believe greatly in any one charity organization myself, I like to donate to my friends’ favorite places since they’re near and dear to their hearts. And it helps me to learn about other causes as well :) (The only downside? You then get signed up to a billion and one email subscriptions!)
Okay, your turn :) Take a quick coffee break and peruse YOUR online banking to see what you’ve been spending your money on this week. Just copy and paste the 5 categories there, and then tell us about ’em in the comments! Let’s see how well y’all have been behaving lately ;)
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!