So I have this brilliant idea right now of creating an awesome bartering platform here on our site, but I have absolutely no idea if something like that would ever take off, haha… So I figured I’d hurry up and just put it out there and see what happens ;) And we could start with things that I, personally, have to trade out as well as things that I’m currently looking for and go from there.
Maybe this will be a nice addition to BudgetsAreSexy? Or maybe it’ll give me something even MORE fun to do while yard saling and thrifting at the very least? Like if you collect something in particular which I can then look for during my treasure hunts every week? ;) Ya never know…
Here’s a list of everything I’m currently looking for below, as well as those I have in my hoards just waiting to be released to avid collectors out there. If you see anything you like, just let me know!
Things I’m looking for:
- Old currency! Coins, paper money, anything that’s old and of U.S. nature. I collect some foreign currency too, but I really only get super excited for U.S. stuff…
- Old anything else relating to money. Stock certificates, deeds, etc! There’s a ton of really cool stuff out there that I’d probably want to get my hands on if I could :) One day I even want to live in a bank!!! Haha… like a really old school one where my blogger office would be inside the safe!
- Old guns! I actually don’t have *any* of these right now, but I’m jonesing for a pair of dueling pistols like crazy! I keep seeing them in museums and on shows like Pawn Stars, and now I really REALLY want a pair for myself! Just pretty hard to come by :(
- Old knives. Especially those used in battles like the Civil War (what is it with me and weapons?)
- Old locks! This one’s totally for my dad who NEVER collects anything. But now all of a sudden he’s totally into locksmithing and is starting a collection of old locks – like these.
- The 1st edition of Kiplinger Magazine, which was known as “Changing Times” back then…
I feel like I have more than that on my wish list, but for now that’ll start us off right… I’ll add more to the list as they come up :)
Here are things I have to trade:
- A collection of basketball cards including tons of Michael Jordans.
- A small collection of old baseball cards with some famous names…
- A handful of football cards including Mr. OJ Simpson himself! (HAH!)
- A small collection of micro-machines! Remember those? :)
- Some not so-expensive comic books (12 or so random ones…)
- Old Civil War items (buttons, bullets, other miscellaneous things)
- An old stamp collection! Two books worth and a small box of extras
- Weird dragon and computer artwork?
- Simon & Patrick Luthier S&P 6 Spruce Acoustic Guitar (6 String)
- A brand new $70 SentrySafe Safe (would be kinda hard to mail though?)
- An hour or two of my time? I could help with finances, blogging, business, or anything else really that you may want a fresh pair of eyes on… My experience and rates can be found here at our online consulting agency: Nate & Jay Consulting.
I could probably find more stuff too around the house, but that’s everything that comes to mind at the moment… If you’re looking for anything in particular though, let me know on that too! I hit up yard sales/estate sales/thrift stores allllllll the time, so I’m bound to come across something you’re looking for. It’ll make the hunt even that much more fun! :)
Now who’s with me? Anyone wanna start off the first trade? I don’t know how exactly we’ll do the logistics to it all (mail?) but either way I’m fascinated by the idea of this :) And for now we’ll plan on linking to this list continuously in our top navbar there, and will keep it updated as time goes on and I come across more things I want or have to trade. Feel free to reach out to me anytime day or night!
I’M EXCITED! :)
UPDATE: Somebody just asked me if you could also barter in *cash*, and the answer to that is: YES. Cash money is always welcome here, haha…
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!