Or in my case, my money clip! I always enjoy these super personal questions. The idea of peering into someone else’s life is just so incredibly interesting. It’s not like i wanna find out some dirty little secrets or anything, although that would make for a juicy post! haha…but it’s more for the feeling that we’re all alike on some level. We all carry wallets, purses, money clips, etc, and we all have our own methods and reasoning for doing so.
I was reminded of this curiosity when i came across a post by Canadian Saver covering the simple question: what’s in your wallet?
Here’s what i pimp:
1) USAA Rewards MasterCard…..for personal spending
2) USAA Platinum Rewards MasterCard…..for all house related items
3) USAA Debit MasterCard…..only used to take out $ from atms (FREE by the way through USAA! any one, anywhere.)
4) Work swipe card thingie…..allows me to get into work…unfortunately.
5) Driver’s License…..ALWAYS on me 100% of time cuz ya never know.
6) $28 buckaroos…..oh crap, make that $25! i’ve been forgetting to put my daily dollars into my cup. Cash is the one thing i continuously get on my friends for. I don’t mind lending it, or buying a friend lunch every now and then, but it’s really really important for safety reasons! I believe you should always have at LEAST $5-$10 on you at all times…you can’t use a credit card for everything.
That’s it! i know it’s not as exciting as one would hope, but i’m a simple man :) I used to use a wallet but it would collect soooooo much junk. And these days w/ the whole “phone # as your rewards card” at grocery stores, i don’t need to hang on to those crazy giant/safeway cards anymore. The only thing i miss having is a picture or two, but these days i can just log onto mySpace and see my crazy friends.
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!