You may be a money nerd, if…
- You track 2 different versions of your net worth
- You fund a college savings account – even though you don’t have any kids yet
- You own 3x more credit cards than you do shirts, because #TravelHacking
- You have a calendar item set up to check your credit report annually
- You go to FinCon every year – even though you don’t have a blog
- Your mug collection boasts of spreadsheets, budgeting, or Vanguard
- You get more heated debating whether the RE belongs in FIRE than you do with politics!
- You love talking about backdoor roths, even though you don’t fully understand it ;)
- You’d rather stay in budgeting on a Friday night than go out partying because OMG WHY WOULD YOU SPEND $7.00 ON A BEER WHEN YOU COULD GET 6 FOR THAT PRICE AT COSTCO?!
- You have over 100,000 miles on your vehicle and you’re proud of it
- You get more turned on being debt-free than pants-free (hubba hubba)
- You have a very strong opinion on whether Dave Ramsey is good or not (He’s good!!)
- (You know who Dave Ramsey actually is)
- You know just when to call up Comcast and get your bill back lowered again
- You have a monthly competition with your spouse on who can beat each other’s credit score
- You’ve pre-selected, and paid for, your future burial spot already
- You haggle at stores as if they were yard sales
- You have stickers on your laptop that say things like “Frugal ≠ Cheap” and “Set your life on FIRE“
- And you know that carrying around an umbrella is more than just for the rain
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!