In the spirit of all things awesome, I thought we’d dedicate this post (and weekend) to doing something GOOD for each other if you’re up for the challenge :) This world is full of so much garbage and hate, that for once I’d like to hear about some random acts of KINDNESS going on in our own little circles of life. Can you imagine the power of thousands of us doing 1 small thing to cheer someone up this weekend? How cool would that be? And honestly, it wouldn’t take much effort.
So your mission this weekend, if you choose to accept it, is to find one small way to make someone HAPPY using $5.00 or less. You can interpret that any way you would like, but by this time Monday morning your deed should be completed if you’re up for it.
Here are a few ideas that come to mind:
- You could pick up a Starbucks for someone! (sadly, only 1 w/ the amount they cost, haha…)
- You could mow a neighbor’s lawn (pretend we’re back in the 80’s and $5.00 was worth a lot again!)
- You could surprise a family member who lives far away! ($5.00 for gas?)
- You could make someone lunch or dinner (or breakfast – ow ow!)
- You could offer your services free of charge. (Maybe an hour of your time?)
- Or, quite literally, you could hand someone $5.00 that needs it a lot more than you do.
There are a TON of things you could come up with, but the best are those that are really meaningful to YOU. The opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life are endless. And honestly, the thought is worth MUCH more than the mere $5.00 anyways. My friends Nate and Josh do this every week at ItStartsWith.Us, and the ripple affects of everyone’s single little actions are incredible. I’ve literally teared up at some of the things that have come out of their weekly missions, and I think what they’re doing is great. (Which is why Nate is my co-founder at Love Drop! :))
So that’s the mission, boys and girls. Do you accept? Are you ready for some giving back action? I hope so. And I also hope you’ll share what you end up doing and how it affected your friend or loved one too. You just never know who’s going through a hard time right now, and your small act of kindness could be all they needed to perk back up :) Lord knows we’ve all been there at some point.
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!