I think I’m going to start giving out missions to y’all and see what comes of it. I bet if we spend 30 seconds really thinking about how to accomplish them, we could do a lot of good for our wallet! And something I come up with will almost ALWAYS be different than what you find – so we all learn from each other :) Nerdy fun, right?
Today’s mission is simple: Save $5.00 by the end of the day, and then let us know how you did it!
It can be as creative, or as boring, as you like – so long as you DO IT. Accept my challenge, and consciously find a way to save Mr. Abraham Lincoln today! I’ll do the same, and then we’ll recap what we’ve come up with later. I need some ideas, so start sharing!!! :)
-J to the Money
And PS: Copying others ideas is smart – not cheating. If it saves you $5.00, do it!
UPDATE: Some of the ideas being passed around:
- Making your own lunch/dinner at home
- NOT going to Starbucks! (always a popular one)
- Sell something at home (Love it!)
- Using coupons
- Calling in refund requests! (Clever!)
- Not drinking nightly beer (booooooo)
- Taking out all $1 bills and coins at the end of each day! (VERY smart. Commenter Chris has already saved $40 this week doing this!)
I was able to save $10 by being taken out to lunch today (Thanks Kiplinger!), but then I failed miserably and bought an HD camcorder for $200… but it was a business expense for Love Drop so it doesn’t count, right? RIGHT?!!
Jay loves talking about money, collecting coins, blasting hip-hop, and hanging out with his three beautiful boys. You can check out all of his online projects at jmoney.biz. Thanks for reading the blog!