I caught this new “Bills IQ” tool over on Financial Press Gazette and thought I’d take it myself :) (You like how I pimp out my other site like that? Pretending I didn’t upload that very press release myself? haha…)
It took me about 5 mins to run through and covers 5 main areas: Credit,Debt, Budget, Wealth, and Life Plan – with about 5 or so questions per category. The normal person would have probably cringed at it, but people like you and I eat this stuff up ;) So major props to Bills.com for putting it together!
Here are some of the questions you can expect from Bills IQ, along w/ some of my quick answers:
- Are you paying your monthly bills on time? (no doubt)
- Do you know your credit score? (kinda sorta. I know it’s good!)
- When you get a new loan (mortgage, auto, etc) – what is the most important factor to consider (this one is tricky…I think I failed it)
- How many years until you are debt free (excluding mortgage)? (zero!)
- Do you have a rainy day fund?( is my name J$?)
- If you received a raise, bonus or large cash gift you would.. (probably save it all…maybe slip in a splurge or two)
- When do you think you’ll be able to retire? (at age 43 hopefully :) )
- How do you make your investment decisions? (By feelings and research)
- Do you have a career path or goals? (career path: kinda sorta. Goals: HELL YES)
- How do you feel about money and your own financial security? (no complaints here)
While I still scored an overall “A” with these, there were def. a few I shouldn’t have missed… Although one of them regarding Wills I def. *know* I just don’t *do*! Haha…it’s just so BORING ;) One of these day’s I’m going to rock it though for sure….we can’t be perfect, right?
So go now and try it out and then let us know how you did. The first person to post their scores higher than mine wins this. (you’re welcome)
Bonus tip: Find a good "balance transfer" offer to help pay off debt faster!
If you’ve been making payment after payment (on time) and still haven't been able to get your debt under control, snatching up a good balance transfer credit card offer may be the ticket to try. That’s where in order to gain your business - credit card companies will let you transfer your existing debt to a new card and let you pay ZERO PERCENT interest on it. Saving you tons every month!
What's the catch? Usually balance transfer cards charge a fee (around 3% of your debt balance) to let you transfer your balance to their 0% interest offer. But we've found a great credit card that will let you do a balance transfer absolutely free. Click here to learn more and see if you qualify!
PS: If you don't trust yourself with another credit card, ignore this! This strategy is to help you get out of debt quicker, not risk adding more to it.